Commercial Photography and Filming
Please consult the guidelines below regarding photography and filming on campus for commercial purposes.
Contact Conference & Events Planning (CEP) for more information.
CEP must receive the request a minimum of 15 days in advance of the load-in date. This gives CEP time to vet the request with the college for approvals and schedule appropriate staffing and services.
ApprovalAll commercial photography and filming must be approved in writing by CEP. As part of the approval process, CEP will consult with the following offices:
- public affairs
- physical plant
- community safety
- student activities (if needing extras)
- residence life (if using dorms)
- Bon Appétit
- academic departments (depending on building usage)
- Written approval by Conference & Events Planning of shoot, including the content and subject matter being photographed or filmed
- $2 million liability insurance policy naming Reed College as additional insured
- Exclusive catering by Bon Appétit
- Prepayment of all estimated fees
- Must not violate Reed College's Photography & Videography Protocol
- Use of Reed College marks with written approval from the college
- When applicable, a written list of rooms needing to be opened to set up lights or cables the day before the shoot and a map of places for staging equipment (including exterior spaces).
- Exterior locations: cannot close any paths, including bridges
- Dorm rooms (during summer months only)
- Dorm social rooms (during academic breaks only)
Approved Locations after 5 p.m. and on Weekends Only (including setup/takedown)
- science buildings (Psychology, Biology, Chemistry)
- Eliot Hall, third floor
- Bon Appétit kitchen
- Educational Technology Center